I don’t usually get emotional, very rarely tear up, but being at the ceremony and feeling all of the love radiating through the hall did make me a bit sentimental. One of my best friends just married his soulmate & high school sweetheart whom he’s been with for over 10-years at a beautiful ceremony at Gesu Catholic Church, the oldest Catholic Church in Miami. When I arrived at the ceremony with my friend, my +1, we didn’t know which side we should sit on. I personally haven’t been to that many weddings and had no clue but after some help, we sat on the right side, guests of the groom. Though the person who provided this help, told us this as if it was just plain etiquette and something we should obviously know.. lol. Ok noted.
From start to finish the ceremony was impeccable, and the bride well, she was everything. Andrea glowed, as she entered the room and glided through the isle I wowed at all of the details of her dress, from the elegant lace back to the stunning long veil it was beautiful. The reception at Vizcaya Museum & Gardens was a perfect transition, as the classic and grand estate was fit for a queen. An amazing day filled with love. My friend also said “it was one the most traditional and elegant weddings I have ever been to, and the most Spanish!” lol the ceremony at the church was in Spanish, with some Spanglish & English at the reception. Even though my friend is from New Jersey, she did pick up a few things here and there.
Wish the newlyweds lots of love & joy <3
In the process of deciding what to wear to the wedding, I thought to find an elegant dress while at the same time shopping around for the best options. I found my top picks at: HelloMolly & Lulus.
- HelloMolly, is an Australian brand. Very chic clothes and good material. Also since the prices are in AUD, if you are paying with US dollars the conversion ends up being great. $1.00 US = $1.32 AUD. Additionally, they offer Express Shipping & usually free of charge with no minimum spend. woot!
- I also really liked the options I found at Lulus. The Navy dresses and their varying colors were amazing. Plus I love the store’s comment section as I was able to read the reviews of many past customers and get a better idea of the fit & quality feedback. Overall a great selection, with competitive prices.You’ll see me shopping at these stores often, probably more often than I should be! 😉
Lovers Lane Maxi Dress Blush here — Navy Dress here — Navy Lace Dress here — Zenith Navy Blue Lace Maxi here
- What I wore: here (Sold Out! But other great options on the site). It was nice to have great & relatively inexpensive options since long, elegant dresses normally go for $200++
- I left to go to the ceremony right after taking these images and kept everything the same, except I added a tight red skirt to make it more wedding appropriate. The bottom of the dress is a bodysuit and as you can tell in some of these images, the long skirt is a bit see through. I knew this when I purchased the dress, however, I was confident that I could remedy the situation with the red skirt hanging in my closet and Voila it worked. It was a bit risky though!
- I also changed the shoes, decided these were a bit clunky. Instead, I opted for my open toe Steve Madden heels.